The HOSPITAL score was validated to identify potentially avoidable readmissions among medical inpatients in Switzerland, but its performance in US patients and for conditions targeted by the Hospital Readmission Reduction Program (HRRP) were unknown. HOMERuN partnered with the HOSPITAL score developers to re-test and validate the HOSPITAL score, and to extend these studies to examine the influence of having additional comorbidities upon preventable readmission risk.
Jacques Donze, MD, PhD
Carole Aubert, MD, PhD
HOMERuN Founding sites
Publications resulting from the HOSPITAL Score and HOMERuN groups
- International Validity of the HOSPITAL Score to Predict 30-Day Potentially Avoidable Hospital Readmissions.
- The HOSPITAL Score Predicts Potentially Preventable 30-Day Readmissions in Conditions Targeted by the Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program.
- Simplification of the HOSPITAL Score for predicting 30-day readmissions
- Using HOSPITAL Score comorbidity components to identify high utilizing patients.
- Patterns of multimorbidity associated with 30-day readmission: a multinational study.